Ways to Give
Gifts of Cash
- Make Your Gift Online
CBU uses a secured server to process your online credit card gift.
- Send Your Gift by Mail
Please print and fill out the pledge form (PDF) and mail to:
Christian Brothers University
650 East Parkway South , Box 104
Memphis, TN 38104
- Make Your Gift by Phone
If you would like to speak to a Fund for CBU representative, please call us between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (901) 321-3270 or (800) 283-2925.
- Make Your Monthly Gift via Credit Card or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
You can support CBU without ever writing another check. Spread your gift over the fiscal year with credit card payments or by authorizing your bank to transfer a predetermined monthly amount (minimum monthly gift of $10). Monthly giving benefits the University by eliminating the costs associated with mailings, phonathons, and by simplifying the recording and receipting operations. To enroll in the program, please call the Advancement Office with your credit card information or print and fill out the EFT form (PDF) and mail it along with your voided check to the address above.
Live Outside of the United States?
International Donors May Give to CBU in the Following Ways
- Give online or call (800) 283-2925 to make a gift on your VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
- Print and fill out the pledge form (PDF) and send it with your check drawn on a US bank to the address above. If your check is drawn on a non-US bank, the amount must be a minimum of $250 or more.
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
Your gift of securities can be transferred to CBU by providing the following transfer instructions to your broker:
Wells Fargo Advisors LLC, (WFA)
Christian Brothers University Account Number 2027-4542
DTC # 0141
Attention: Clint Early, (901) 761-6308
To help us track your transfer in a timely manner, please inform us at (901) 321-3270 or
(800) 283-2925 or email@example.com of the name and number of the stock you intend to transfer or the approximate value of your gift, as well as your broker's name and telephone number. The value of your stock gift is based on the average of the high and low price of the stock on the day it was transferred.
When you make a planned gift, you leave a lasting and meaningful legacy, ensuring the health of CBU into the future. There are a number of tax-advantaged planned giving techniques you might consider, including:
- Life income gifts that pay you and/or other designated beneficiaries an income for life, such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts;
- Gift of real estate, including life estates;
- Gifts through wills and living trusts;
- Successor beneficiary designation for retirement plans;
There are various income-producing gift opportunities to consider, including charitable remainder trusts, unitrusts or annuity trusts. To learn more about finding a gift vehicle that is right for you or if you have any questions, please contact the Vice President for Advancement at (901) 321-3270.
Gifts of Personal Property, Real Estate, Planned or Deferred Gifts
To learn more about finding a gift vehicle that is right for you or if you have any questions, please contact the Vice President for Advancement at (901) 321-3270.
Gifts of Art
Works of art may be donated to CBU at once, incrementally over a period of time, at a future date of your choosing, or through a planned bequest. Current tax law favors collectors who donate art to universities which have galleries creating a mutually beneficial partnership; the donor receives an income tax charitable deduction and CBU expands its collection. For more information about the campus gallery and its collections, please visit the Beverly & Sam Ross Gallery website, or contact the Gallery Director/Curator of Art & Special Collections, at (901) 321-3243 or the Vice President for Advancement at (901) 321-3270.