Christian Brothers University is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes excellence in teaching and individualized attention to the whole person in a values-oriented, interfaith educational community. CBU is ranked among the best Southern universities in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.” CBU has also been designated as a Yellow Ribbon University by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
There are many other, very PRACTICAL reasons why we think you would find our program to be a good fit for you:
- COUNSELORS ARE AVAILABLE: Admissions counselors are available to meet the schedules and needs of working professionals. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Calling in advance for an individual appointment can save you time, but appointments are not required. In other words, if you are worried about applying because it's been a while since you were in school, DON'T! You won't be doing this alone, we are here to help you!
- INDIVIDUALIZED ACADEMIC PLANS: After you have been accepted as a student, an academic advisor will help you develop a plan to complete your undergraduate degree. The plan is based on your unique background, needs, interests and strengths. There is no way you will get an education that is not useful to YOU.
- EASY REGISTRATION: Registration takes place prior to each eight-week term. Course information is available online. You can also register online, or you can register in person at the Adult Professional Studies office. We know that the more options you have, the better!
- CAREER PLACEMENT: CBU graduates are in demand by employers throughout the Mid-South and around the country. The Career Center offers career fairs throughout the year to enable students and graduates to meet potential employers. Assistance is also provided in developing resumes and preparing for interviews.
- CONVENIENT BOOKSTORE: The CBU Bookstore is open for extended hours the first week of class for last minute purchases. If you need an textbook that is not currently in stock, they would happily special-order it for you.
- FREE PARKING: Free parking is provided in the CBU parking lot, which is gated and well-lit. You will never be more than a few minutes’ walk from your classroom. It sounds like a small thing but it surely makes a BIG difference.
Most importantly, however, when you join the program you know that there is a very dedicated army of people rooting for you and cheering you on to make that little extra step, take that one course and finish that one last assignment that will put you on a path to where YOU want to be.