CBU Alumni chosen as mentors in the CBU Mentoring Program are experienced business professionals in the Memphis area. These individuals are committed to guiding the overall development of our School of Business students and preparing them for the business world. Mentors will help students succeed by sharing their personal stories and experiences and challenging the student to think more critically and have a better self understanding. A mentor should serve as a coach, advocate, and role model for their student.
Responsibilities of a Mentor
- Attend Leadership sessions (two per semester)
- Maintain contact with student and manage the development of the relationship
- Hold student accountable for their full participation in the program
- Maintain flexible schedule to spend time with your student outside of the leadership sessions/programs
- Estimated time commitment of the program: approximately 2 hours/month
Benefits for Mentors
- Continued leadership education through guest speakers series
- Networking opportunities with other business leaders
- Personal relationship with an undergraduate student
- Talent pool for recruitment efforts
- Making a difference in a student’s life!
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor, please fill out the Mentor Application. For more information, contact Karen Viotti, Director of Alumni and Volunteer Development, at (901) 321-3254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.