Objectives, Outcomes & Accreditation
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The educational objectives of the chemical engineering program are to prepare students to enter and continue the practice of engineering and/or continue their education by study in graduate or professional school. Graduates will demonstrate:
- The ability to apply mathematics, engineering science, computer applications, and the natural sciences to chemical engineering problems.
- Entry-level competency in chemical engineering principles and practice, demonstrated by an ability to apply fundamental concepts to problems in chemical engineering and related disciplines.
- The ability to synthesize, develop, and evaluate alternative design solutions to chemical engineering problems, incorporating an understanding of economic, safety, and societal constraints.
- The ability to acquire, analyze, and communicate technical data using modern equipment and experimental techniques.
- Professional responsibility and sensibility to a broad range of societal concerns, such as ethical, environmental, regulatory, and global issues.
- Effective communication and team skills, and an awareness of the necessity for personal and professional growth.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
ENROLLMENT AND GRADUATION STATISTICS
Our program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (B.S.Ch.E.) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET,www.abet.org.