» Current Awareness: Copyright and Fair Use- Recent articles on copyright and fair use from our online databases.
- United States Copyright Office (Library of Congress): Provides brochures, registration forms and instructions; allows a search of the copyright records.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States: Information table from Cornell Copyright Information Center.
- Campus Guide to Copyright Compliance: This guide from the Copyright Clearance Center answers difficult copyright questions and provides guidelines and resources—including a sample compliance policy—to help academic institutions ensure copyright compliance campus-wide.
- Copyright and Fair Use: Stanford University Libraries. Provides an overview of copyright issues; tracks legal cases.
- Crash Course in Copyright: University of Texas site gives overview of copyright and its applications in educational settings. Includes explanation of fair use guidelines for educators.
- Know Your Copy Rights (PDF brochure): Print this quick explanation of when and how you may legally use intellectual property in your teaching, often without requesting permission or paying fees.
- Library Copyright Alliance: Website of a library organization working to protect Fair Use.
- The Copyright Book: A Practical Guide (1999), EBSCO eBook
- Copyright Guide: A Friendly Handbook to Protecting and Profiting from Copyrights (2003), EBSCO eBook
- Copyright Law: A Handbook of Contemporary Research (2007), EBSCO eBook
- The Library of Congress offers self-paced Online Modules devoted to understanding copyright and fair use as they apply to material available in its digital collections.
Media in the Classroom
See the section on the TEACH Act for more in relation to media.
- Baruch College's Guide to Using Copyrighted Media in Your Courses: Free, interactive guide helps faculty determine appropriate copyright guidelines to follow in using different types of copyright-protected media in courses. Requires Flash Player.
- Issue Brief: Streaming of Films for Educational Purposes: The Library Copyright Alliance's statement on the subject; addresses distance education.
- Center for Social Media
- Copyright News Feed: Online news articles from the past 30 days
- Copyright Questions and Answers
- Digitization 101
- Fairly Used
- On Copyright
- Scholarly Communications at Duke