BAL to PAL
Tennessee Instructional Leadership (TILS) License Advancement Procedures:
Prepare your packet for submission to Christian Brothers University’s Department of Education. To prepare the packet, candidates must:
- Complete the TN DoE License Advancement Application Form. (Please see our example for guidance.)
- Complete the TILS Reflective Practice Instrument.
- Complete a Professional Development Plan based on the TILS Reflective Practice document. You will need to develop three goals based on your TILS Reflective Practice Instrument. This must be signed by your supervisor.
- Provide a copy of the past three years of evaluation documents. If not available, provide documentation of administrative experiences through your school system's Teacher/Administrator Verification Form.
- Provide a 1-2 page Professional Development Plan Outline showing focus on ALL TILS Standards A-G.
- Submit your packet with the above completed items for review by the Chair and Licensing Officer.
- Include payment of $150 in the form of check or money order to CBU.
Packets should be mailed to:
Christian Brothers University
Department of Education
650 East Parkway South, Box 101
Memphis, TN 38104
ATTN: BAL to PAL
Please allow for 15 business days after receipt of your packet for review. If approved, your documents will be mailed to you at the address listed on your TN DoE License Advancement Application Form. You should then send the packet to your appropriate district personnel officer.
back to top