AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Gifted Academy

The CBU Gifted Academy is designed to help K-12 teachers fulfill the employment requirements for teaching gifted students.*

CBU students currently enrolled in a graduate/post-baccalaureate program (whether M.A.T., M.Ed., M.S.E.L., or a Licensure-Only Program) should contact the CBU Department of Education for permission to register for the course(s). They should register and finalize their student account before the summer semester begins. Please note that enrollment these courses, as they are part of a special program, cannot be used to meet requirements for financial aid.

For more information about the Gifted Academy, please contact Professor Nancy Wilder at or (901) 321-3385.

*Please note that at this time CBU does not offer the 466 Gifted Education K-12 license. The Gifted Academy is designed to help teachers fulfill the employment requirements (as opposed to licensure requirements) of teaching gifted students. Some school districts have additional employment requirements (such as three years of successful teaching experience in the general education classroom) - teachers should check with their school district prior to enrolling in the Gifted Academy.

back to top