Master of Science in Educational Leadership (M.S.E.L)
Christian Brothers University offers the Master of Science in Educational Leadership, a single track focused on preparation of individuals for formal school leadership roles– principal, assistant principal, supervisor, or facilitator– and for the Beginning Instructional Leadership License (BILL) in Tennessee. We encourage to take a look at the M.S.E.L. Course Checklist to get a better idea of whether this program is for you.
To be considered for application, all your application materials should be submitted by:
- Fall Entry - July 15
- Spring Entry - November 1
- Summer Entry - April 15
- Complete the M.S.E.L application form: Please DO NOT send application materials such as recommendation forms, essays, or transcripts without first having an application on file.
- $35 application fee.
- Three recommendation forms from two peers and one supervisor.
- Copies of an Apprentice or Professional Tennessee teaching license with at least three years teaching experience.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If you are not employed by a TN public school district at this time, you must submit a background check.
- A confidential application portfolio which contains:
- Current resume.
- Copy of most recent performance appraisal.
- A current professional development plan.
- Evidence to demonstrate ability to improve student achievement and leadership in coaching others to raise student achievement.
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Evidence to demonstrate ability to develop collaborative, cooperative relationships with stakeholders.
- A personal statement of career goals and how the leadership program at CBU can assist you in reaching these goals.
- A Philosophy of Instructional Leadership.
- Autobiographical Sketch.
- Please do not submit portfolio in a notebook or in protective sheets. Plain sheets in a manila envelope is ideal.
- Applicants must also complete the Star Administrator Questionnaire - results must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An interview with the Graduate Education Committee.
All admissions materials should be sent to:
Graduate & Professional Studies
Christian Brothers University
650 East Parkway South, Box T-5
Memphis, TN 38104
For more information, contact the Coordinator of the Educational Leadership Program, Dr. Richard Potts at email@example.com or 901-321-3020.
back to top