Here are the basics that you need to know about Grants before deciding whether this is a Financial Assistance option you would like to pursue:
- Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Students must meet certain criteria which is usually need based.
- Only available to undergraduate students.
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT – Up to $5,550, non-repayable.
- FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITY GRANT – Up to $3,000 yearly, non-repayable.
- VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION GRANTS – Offered through the Department of Human Services to students with disability. Check with the local DHS office in your county.
- TENNESSEE STUDENT ASSISTANCE AWARD – Up to $4,000 yearly, non-repayable.
- TENNESSEE HOPE ACCESS GRANT - $2,000 non-renewable. Same residency requirements but must have an unweighted high school GPA of at least 2.75 AND at least an 18 ACT (860 SAT). Family AGI must be $36,000 or below.
- TENNESSEE HOPE NEED-BASED SUPPLEMENTAL AWARD - $1,500 in addition to HOPE SS – renewable provided the student remains HOPE eligible and family AGI remains $36,000 or less.
*Student must fill out the FAFSA annually for these funds.
Disclaimer: Information contained on this site is subject to change without prior notification.