The following guide takes you through the process of applying for Summer Financial Assistance:
- Complete the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enroll in summer classes before you fill out the Summer Aid Request Form
- The HOPE scholarship program now allows qualified students to receive up to $6,000 a year, divided equally between fall, spring and summer semesters. Part-time awards are prorated.
- First time borrowers of Direct Loans must complete the Master Promissory Note and the Entrance Counseling. Continuing students must have eligibility left from fall and spring awards for a Direct Loan.
- Complete the Summer Aid Request Form
Before Summer Aid can be processed and disbursed:
- You must “Settle Your Account” in the Business Office
- If selected for Verification, all requested documents must be submitted and processed
- You must be enrolled in six credit hours for loans (5 hours for graduate students)
Please note any change in enrollment status can affect your aid for summer.