Freshman Orientation for Spring 2015 Semester
Congratulations on being accepted to CBU! We are very excited to welcome you on campus! When you sign up for Freshman Orientation, you officially transition to CBU as a Buccaneer! This program is designed for all new undergraduate students who enter the University. Freshman Orientation provides an overview of the University, helps you schedule classes and sends you on a path to success during your first semester at CBU!
New Student Orientation for the Spring 2015 semester for Freshmen and Transfers will be held on January 9, 2015.
Freshman Orientation for the Fall 2015 semester will be held on the following dates:
- May 28-29
- June 29-30
- July 30-31
Registration for Summer Orientation will be open December 15.
Transfer Orientation will be held on August 21.
There are five main components of this program:
- Special sessions to enlighten you about CBU's services and resources
- Placement Testing in Math (for all students), Foreign Language (for Arts, Chemistry, and Math majors), and Chemistry (for all Science majors)
- A meeting with representatives from your School to learn about your curriculum
- Group advising with faculty advisors who will help you plan your first semester of college
- Class scheduling for your first semester
During the program, you will receive:
- Your schedule of classes for the fall semester
- Your CBU student ID
- Your CBU T-shirt
- Your copy of our summer reading book
You will learn about:
- Credits awarded through advanced placement tests and the capability to fulfill graduation requirements.
- Financial aid awards, scholarships, and the costs of attending CBU.
- Housing options.
- Transportation and parking options.
- University resources that can assist you in being successful in college.
- Extracurricular activities and recreational opportunities.
- Academic policies affecting undergraduates.
- Professors' expectations and performance standards at CBU.
- The nature of a general education requirement at our University.
You will meet:
- Your assigned CARL (CBU Advising and Registration Leader)
- Faculty Advisors/Mentors.
- Faculty who teach some of the courses you may wish to take.
- Student leaders and representatives from clubs, organizations, and Student Government.
- Prominent administrators and University officials.
- Other entering students interested in similar academic areas.
- Fellow new students who may be looking for roommates to share housing expenses.
You need to pre-register in order to be able to participate in Freshman Orientation. To reserve your spot, submit your registration fee and fill out your Freshman Orientation Registration Form via our secure online system.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!