AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Students walking on campus

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to receive the Meningitis and the Hepatitis B vaccine before attending school at Christian Brothers University?
You do not have to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine before attending Christian Brothers University. You may sign a waiver located on the Heath Form if you do not wish to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine. The university is required by state law to provide all new students with information about diseases and vaccines. The decision is yours.

If you are a NEW resident living in any Christian Brothers University Residence Hall, you ARE required by state law to receive the Meningitis shot.  The state of Tennessee requires all new students-under the age of 22 who will be living in a CBU residence hall-to be immunized against Meningococcal disease on or after their 16th birthday and provide proof of receiving this vaccination before moving into their residence hall.

When do I turn in my Health Form?
As soon as possible after receiving your admission packet, but you must submit your Health Form to the Office of Admissions prior to registration.

Where can I get a Meningitis vaccine?
You may receive a Meningitis vaccine from your primary care doctor. The local health department may also provide any vaccination that you may need updated. You may also call The Shot Nurse to obtain information regarding any vaccination you might need. Student Health Services does not provide or administer any vaccinations.

Does Student Health Services administer allergy injections?
At this time, Student Health Services does NOT provide this service. Health Services can help to provide information regarding local allergy clinics.