AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Health Insurance

International students on F-1 Visas enrolled at Christian Brothers University must maintain major medical, repatriation of remains, and medical evacuation insurance coverage throughout enrollment at the university, including periods when students are not registered for classes. Health care in the United States can be very expensive and even a short hospital stay can cost thousands of dollars.  Some hospitals in the United States will not treat individuals who do not have insurance.  This is the reason the University and the U.S. government requires international students to obtain health insurance coverage.  

Proof of coverage must be shown at the beginning of the academic school year and must show coverage for one academic year. If proof of coverage is not provided by the beginning of the school year, the University will purchase health insurance for you and will bill your account.  For more information, please contact the International Student Advisor