The ITS Help Desk is the point of contact for all information technology questions, problems, reports, service requests, and inquiries from faculty, staff, and students regarding computer hardware, software, Internet connectivity, telephone, cable TV, and any network problems needing resolution.
It is important to use one of the following methods of communication with our staff, as the technician assigned that responsibility may be on a service call. The Help Desk will refer emergencies to the appropriate staff immediately.
- Help Request Form
- Email: email@example.com
- Call (901) 321-4438
- Visit the Help Desk customer service window located in St. Joseph Hall, Rosanne Beringer Center for Computer Studies
In order to be able to help you most efficiently, please be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Desired due date
- Description of the problem
Tracking Requests for Help
- Each request for help is transferred into a work order and the work order is stored in a database that is shared by the entire ITS staff
- The requestor will be given the work order number so he/she can inquire into the status of the request
- The work order is then assigned to the appropriate ITS staff member for resolution
- If a work order is reassigned, the reassignment information will be recorded in the work order and the requestor will be notified of the change
- Upon completion of the work order, before it is closed, the requestor is contacted to confirm his/her satisfaction with the work done
In case of emergency such as network/server outage, Internet service disruption, or major telephone outage, call the Help Desk line above to obtain the on-call cell phone number.
Please note that password resets do not consitute an emergency. You can change/reset your password or PIN online. Regular help requests will be answered in the order in which they were received once normal business hours resume.