Assistant/Associate Professor of Education- 1-year contract
Date: April 17, 2013
Reports To: Chair, Department of Education
Provide instruction with concentrations in the M.Ed. program, giving attention to the Lasallian tradition through excellence in teaching, prepare graduates for professional careers and advanced study in foundations of education and research methods, and to encourage students to live with moral responsibility and constructive community involvement. The appointment will commence Fall semester.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Teach Graduate Courses in M.Ed.
- Contribute to the educational and professional mission of the Education Department.
- Guide the students in the Lasallian tradition of excellence in teaching.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Advise Students for completion of their degree
- Attend Departmental meetings
- Assist in special events
- Other specific duties
- PhD or Ed. D. is preferred, ABD will be considered.
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy is required
EEO/AA Policy Note
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, United States citizens and permanent residents will be considered first for this position. All applications must state whether the applicant is a United States citizen or permanent resident. Christian Brothers University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff.
Academic setting – 9 month assignment paid over 12 months