Date: July 18, 2014
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Director/Assistant Director of Physical Plant
Provide assistance to technicians, carpenter and painter. Develop maintenance skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Replace light bulbs and ballasts
- Clear tub, sink and toilet drains
- Perform minor plumbing repairs i.e. replace flappers, chains, washers, etc.
- Operate lawn equipment
- Transport supplies to job sites
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accept direction and tutelage from assigned technicians and/or be able to work independently
- Maintain assigned equipment, tools and areas
- Assist with set-ups
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year general maintenance experience
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and read and understand operating and safety manuals
- Ability to do repetitive bending, lifting (75 pounds), squatting, and kneeling
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Good vision, correctable to 20/20, and good manual dexterity to operate necessary tools and equipment without modification
- Valid driver’s license and ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
Full time, Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30 pm with occasional over-time. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dirt, and other foreign substances.
Qualified individuals should send cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now. Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin or disability. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.