Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy (One Year Contract with Possibility of Renewal)
Date: December 17, 2013
Department: Religion and Philosophy
Reports To: Chair, Department of Religion and Philosophy
Position Start Date: August 2014
Summary and Qualifications
Provide instruction for undergraduate courses in ethical theory and applied ethics in support of the university’s moral values general education requirement. Ph.D. in Philosophy with an AOS in ethical theory/and or applied ethics. AOC is open (but applied ethics if AOS is ethical theory). The department also has needs in the history of philosophy and social and political philosophy.
Review of applications will begin immediately with a final deadline of February 28, 2014.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate courses in Roman Catholic theology and history
- Teach introductory undergraduate courses in philosophical ethics
- Teach courses offered through CBU’s M.A. in Catholic Studies program
- Full participation in the department and university
Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Teach 12 hours per semester.
- Be able to teach undergraduate courses in Contemporary Moral Issues, Ethical Theory, and at least one of the following: Medical Ethics, Technology and Human Values, or Environmental Ethics.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Attend department and school meetings
- Senior thesis mentoring
- Undergraduate advising
Christian Brothers University
CBU is a private, Catholic, comprehensive university in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers, committed to preparing students of all faiths and backgrounds to excel in their professional and public lives by providing challenging educational opportunities in the arts, business, engineering, the sciences, and teacher education.
Qualified individuals should send a letter of application, c.v., three letters of reference, and evidence of teaching ability to email@example.com. Applications may also be initiated online. Complete applications will be considered immediately upon receipt, with a final deadline of February 28, 2014. Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.