As a LANCE Participant, you will:
- Receive a monthly stipend check of approximately $900 from your placement schools (on a twelve-month schedule).
- Graduate with a master’s degree in education from Christian Brothers University.
- Receive health insurance at no cost.
- Be considered a full-time graduate student during your two-year academic commitment and, thus, be able to defer most types of loans you incurred during your undergraduate education.
- Have free housing during the first month of summer study. We find and furnish appropriate housing for each small residential community before you arrive.
- Be responsible for your share of food, rent and utilities from your monthly stipend.
- Be eligible for teacher licensure for the state of Tennessee at the conclusion of your two-year commitment. Tennessee teacher licensure is easily transferred to most states as part of the Interstate Teaching Compact.