What are the benefits of hiring a LANCE teacher?
A Catholic role model for your students
- LANCErs are young men and women who have consciously dedicated themselves to two years living in intentional Christian community based on a foundation of spiritual growth rooted in the Catholic tradition. We spend a great deal of time studying St. John Baptist de la Salle’s “12 Virtues of a Good Teacher” in order to facilitate the same Christian, loving community in our classrooms as we do in our homes.
A highly educated, well accomplished young teacher
- The LANCE Program attracts young men and women from across the country who have received high quality, Catholic educations from some of the top universities in the nation. They have committed themselves to service and leadership throughout their young lives.
A built-in support structure for your new faculty member
- LANCErs are working to earn their Masters degree from CBU while teaching in the Catholic Schools. We have highly trained university faculty who observe the LANCE teachers in their classroom several times a semester to help them grow and continually improve in their teaching, instruction and classroom management.
A financial incentive
- LANCE teachers earn the starting salary for first year teachers in the Diocese of Memphis. Schools do not have to contribute any funds toward benefits, including health insurance, for the teachers. This is paid for by the LANCE Program.
Where are our graduates today?
- 83% of our alumni are still working in the field of education (29 of 35)
- 57% are still teachers in Catholic schools (20 of 35)
- 49% stayed in their placement school after their 2-year LANCE commitment ended (17 of 35)
- 26% are current teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Memphis (9 of 35)
Where we have served:
- Bishop Byrne Middle and High School*
- Christian Brothers High School*
- De La Salle at Blessed Sacrament Elementary School*
- Holy Names of Jesus and Mary Elementary School
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral School*
- Little Flower Primary School
- Memphis Catholic Middle and High School*
- Our Lady of Sorrows School*
- St. Anne School – Highland*
- St. Augustine School*
- St. Benedict at Auburndale High School*
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
- St. John School
- St. Patrick Elementary School
* Indicates schools in which our alumni are still teaching.
For more information about having a LANCE teacher on your staff, please contact the LANCE director at firstname.lastname@example.org.