Christian Brothers University offers a convenient and affordable RN to BSN Program in a mix of online and face-to-face format. We invite you to become a part of this exciting, new program that will give you the ability to further advance in nursing.
This 3-semester RN to BSN program for Registered Nurses provides a unique alternative to the traditional method of pursuing a bachelor's degree. The program is designed as a transformational learning experience leading to personal and professional skill development to meet the needs of Registered Nurses previously prepared at the ADN or diploma level.
The CBU Nursing Program uses a cohort-based learning module for the RN-BSN completion program. Cohorts of 20-25 adult learners share the academic experience as a cohesive group participating in active learning to enhance nursing knowledge and cognitive skills. CBU Nursing Program was created to meet the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) to have 80% of RNs with a BSN by 2020!
The admissions calendar for nursing allows students to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. This means we accept students until the class is full.
CBU has two starting classes each year in August and January. The first two days of NURS300 class are Tuesday and Wednesday on the first week of the new semester from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. each day. This allows for a face-to-face experience that starts you off right with all the information you need for the program and also offers course credit. For specific deadlines and more details, please take a look at our Admissions procedures.
Preparing Nurse Professionals for the Challenges of Healthcare
The BSN-prepared nurse is highly sought after by healthcare employers who recognize that patient acuity now necessitates a higher level of nursing education. The BSN curriculum at CBU focuses on current healthcare issues and delivery, and prepares the student to assume a leadership role in a variety of settings. Upon evaluation of transcripts, transfer semester hour credits for general education courses completed at a college or university may be awarded. CBU has a wide array of General Education Courses (GER) to meet the requirements for graduation. Many of these are online.
CBU employs a distinguished faculty that includes professional educators as well as practitioners in the field of nursing. All nursing faculty members hold a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing, with many also holding doctoral degrees from various institutions of higher education. CBU's nursing faculty includes individuals with specialties/concentrations in the following areas: adult health, family nurse practitioner, administration, education and community health nursing.
The program is designed for the working registered nurse (RN) to obtain a baccalaureate degree in nursing in as little as three semesters of full-time study beginning in August or January of each year.
CBU IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Want an interactive, face-to-face + online RN to BSN program with nursing classes one night/week.
- Want a cohort style learning experience in groups of 20-25 students
- Want personal support and coaching from faculty and campus resources.
- Personal enrichment in a student-centered environment offering a broad range of classes.
- Desire to work while pursuing your BSN.
- Want to increase your career mobility and marketability with a focus on Magnet Status in Nursing.
- Are looking for private education with public education tuition and fees.
- Are interested in transferring credits with no expiration dates.
- Want to be well prepared for graduate school.
- Want to receive crucial education in key areas like communication, leadership and critical thinking - enhanced knowledge that will become ever more valuable in the complex and changing future of health care delivery.
- Want to explore global community health through a study of vulnerable populations. Some of the learning opportunities are available through:
- A mission trip to Haiti or
- A Memphis Immersion Experience (4 days of active learning about Memphis and service to our community or
- Becoming a certified Faith Community Nurse
The CBU Nursing Program is fully accredited by the TN Board of Nursing and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).