Christian Brothers University is now accepting applications for its newly developed Physician Assistant Program. The CBU Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies is located on the University campus. The cohort-based program consists of 110 credit hours offered over 27 months or seven continuous semesters.
The curriculum is delivered through traditional campus-based methods with clinical rotations located in sites throughout the Memphis metropolitan area, one of the nation's leading medical centers. Newly renovated space is used to house both the didactic and laboratory components of the program. The curriculum focuses on six major competency components: medical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills, patient care, professionalism, practice-based learning and improvement, and systems-based practice.
The ARC-PA has granted Provisional Accreditation to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program sponsored by Christian Brothers University. Provisional accreditation is an accreditation status. The granting of provisional accreditation indicates that the plans and resource allocation for the proposed program appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards, if fully implemented as planned. Provisional Accreditation does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. Provisional status is limited to no more than three years for any program.
Why become a Physician Assistant?
Become a member of the healthcare team, practicing medicine under the supervision of a licensed physician, conducting physical exams, diagnosing and treating illnesses, ordering and interpreting tests, counseling patients and families on healthcare issues including preventive care, assisting in surgery, and participating in research and administrations. Physician Assistants are licensed to practice medicine, issue prescriptions, and practice in all medical fields including primary care, internal medicine and subspecialties, as well as surgical and emergency care. The PA's scope of practice may also include education, research, and administrative services.
CBU is for you if you:
- Are looking for a faculty who have combined first-hand and clinical experience of more than 100 years;
- Want to train at clinical facilities that have been ranked in the top fifty medical centers in the United States;
- Are looking to serve those who are less fortunate or lack access to medical care;
- Are looking for a program which maintains a low student to faculty ratio, thus assuring you of personalized, focused instruction;
- Want to study in an environment that embraces traditional values of a Christian Perspective;
- Respect each individual as a unique person;
- Are seeking an excellent education to prepare for one of the Top Seven Growth Professions as a Physician Assistant.