Powerpoints Tutorials from Plough Library
News & Articles
- Doing Honest Work in College: How to Prepare Citations, Avoid Plagiarism, and Achieve Academic Success (2004), Ref 808.02 L57 2004
- Scandals and Scoundrels: Seven Cases that Shook the Academy (2004), EBSCO eBook
- Student Cheating and Plagiarism in the Internet Era: A Wake Up Call (2000), EBSCO eBook
Presentations & Tutorials from Other Schools
- Anti-Plagiarism Strategies for Research Papers (Robert Harris)
The author offers strategies that teachers can adopt to combat plagiarism including specific suggestions for awareness, prevention, and detection.
- Cut-and-Paste Plagiarism (University of Notre Dame, Joni Warner and Margaret Porter)
Includes two PowerPoint slideshows, one on cheating and one on cut-and-paste plagiarism, as well as a case study. Offers hints on detection and prevention of plagiarism.
- Electronic Plagiarism Seminar (Lemoyne College, Gretchen Pearson)
Tips for preventing and identifying plagiarism, including scientific fraud. Lists of plagiarism detection software sites and paper mills.
- Guide to Plagiarism and Cyber-Plagiarism (University of Alberta, Anna Bombak)
Plagiarism guide with resources for faculty and resources for students.
- Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It (Indiana University)
Includes examples of acceptable and unacceptable paraphrases as well as strategies to avoid plagiarism.
- Rutgers University Plagiarism Tutorial Videos
Humorous four-part video tutorial warning students about the consequences of plagiarism.
- You Quote It, You Note It! (Acadia University)
Excellent tutorial for students, with specific examples of how to quote and paraphrase correctly, as well as instructions on source citation and good research habits.