What is RefWorks?
- A web-based bibliographic citation manager
- Use it to organize research--both personal and in collaboration with others, create personal databases, and generate bibliographies in APA, MLA, Turabian, and hundreds of other styles.
- Available to all CBU faculty, staff, and students. Students have life-long access, so you can continue to use it as alumni.
First Step: Register
Create a RefWorks account:
- Connect to RefWorks (http://ezproxy.cbu.edu:9000/login?url=http://www.refworks.com/Refworks/). If you get a message that EZproxy is an unsecure server, add it as an exception.
- Click "Sign up for an individual account."
- Fill in the form. Create a username and password (does not have to match your CBU email login).
- Submit form. You'll receive a confirmation email with your username and password which you'll use to access RefWorks from off-campus.
Second Step: Create a Database
- Once registered, access your RefWorks account through any Internet connection, on or off-campus.
- However, until you've loaded references (created a database), you can't make RefWorks do anything for you.