Jump into one of the fastest growing industries in the world, sport management and marketing. The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Sport Management at CBU prepares you for careers in a wide spectrum of organizations in the sport industry including:
- Professional sport from the NBA to NASCAR
- Collegiate athletics from junior colleges to NCAA Division I universities
- Corporate sport marketing, public relations, and sponsorship firms
- Recreation, community, and leisure industries
- Sport agencies
- Health and fitness industries
Within these industries, you will be given the tools to pursue a wide variety of positions including:
- Athletic Director
- General Manager
- Marketing Director
- Facility/Operations Manager
- Sport Agent
- Corporate Sponsorship Director
- Ticket Manager
- Public Relations/Communications Director.
An integral part of our program is the requirement of either a project or an internship. We have contact with a number of local organizations and a national organization assisting in this endeavor.
- Employers in this industry include:
- Professional associations: MLB, PGA, NASCAR, NBA, etc.
- Professional teams: Grizzlies, Redbirds, Riverkings, etc.
- Colleges and Universities
- Sporting facilities: Stadiums, Arenas, Health Clubs, Golf, Parks, etc.
- Sporting Goods: Nike, Bass Pro Shops, Dick’s Sporting Goods, etc.
- Recreational Sport: Municipal Parks and Recreation, YMCA, etc.
- Youth Organizations: AAU, Little League, etc.
- Sports Agents: Athletic Resource Management, etc.
- Large Church organizations: Bellevue Baptist, Second & Hope Presbyterian, etc.
- Corporate Sports Management: FedEx, Auto Zone, etc.
- Radio, TV, Internet: ESPN, Golf Channel, CBS Sports.com, etc.
Types of Jobs in this industry include:
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Promotions and Publicity
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Fund Raising
- Facility Management
- College and University Athletic Administration
- Journalism and Broadcasting