Schedule an Appointment
One-to-one writing conferences are not just for professional writers working with their editors. Nor are such conferences reserved for remedial writers and their tutors. Writing conferences can benefit anyone.
We invite you to take advantage of the services provided at the CBU Writing Center located at the Lower Level of Plough Library. Any CBU undergraduate student, evening student, graduate student, faculty, staff, or alumni is welcome!
The Writing Center consultants will work with you, one-on-one, on any stage of the writing process, including:
- Analyzing and understanding an assignment
- Revising and editing a rough draft
- Proofreading a rough draft
You can bring any kind of writing project: College writing papers, research papers, resumes, business letters, lab reports, poetry, and fiction.
Writing Center consultants will work with you one-on-one to help you improve your writing skills, but there are some things we will not do:
- We will NOT proofread a paper for you
- We will not make you do any grammar worksheets
- We will not venture a guess as to what grade a paper will receive
To schedule an appointment:
- Check the due-date for your paper on your syllabus and think about when you might be ready to talk to a consultant about your paper.
- Use our online scheduler to Schedule an Appointment.
- New clients will need to register as a new user.
Walk-ins are accepted on a first come, first served basis if we have consultants available.