To follow is a fairly universal checklist of things you should bring to your new "Home Away From Home" at Christian Brothers University:
|Bring These Items For Your Room:
||Other Extras You May Want To Bring:
- On-sight laundry facilities are available in Avery, Maurelian, Rozier and Stritch.
- Each Capstone Apartment is equipped with a full size washer and dryer.
- The University strongly recommends that residents secure renters’ insurance for the contents of their rooms. The University’s insurance does NOT cover room contents.
Available On Campus:
- Study/TV Lounges
- Cable TV connections
- Snack & Soda Machines
- 24 hour accessible computer labs
- Activities and programs
- Lots of new friends
- Helpful and concerned staff
When you are packing for your first trip to Christian Brothers University, don't forget that you will have vacations at Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. Unless you are far from home, you will not need to bring a year's supply of clothing and incidentals. This will allow you more space in your room. Check with your roommate, if possible, and coordinate bringing any extras such as a TV, stereo, etc.
Hot plates and pets (other than small fish) are not allowed. Check with your insurance company and make sure that your possessions are covered while away from home. If not, you should check into acquiring personal property insurance.